Practising Governance respects personal data privacy and is committed to fully implementing and complying with the data protection principles and protecting your personal data privacy.
Our privacy principles are:
- We only collect personal data which we believe to be relevant and required to conduct our business
- We will keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date
- We will not transfer or disclose your personal data outside our company without your consent or as required by law or have previously informed you
- We have implemented appropriate measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect, in light of their nature
Kinds of Personal Data Held
We hold the following broad categories of personal data:
- Customer records, which include name, contact details, and other information supplied by customers or collected in connection with subscription to our newsletters or participating in our events.
- Personnel records, which include our personnel details, job particulars, details of salary, payments, benefits, leave and training records, group medical insurance records, mandatory provident schemes participation, performance appraisals, and disciplinary matters.
- Consultant and contractor records, which include name, contact details, track records and other information of service providers in the fields of Information Technology, Marketing and other areas providing necessary services required by us.
- Records collected on webservers, which include email addresses (whereas they constitute personal data under specific circumstances that the addresses can be used to identify an individual) collected for newsletter subscription or enquiries.
- Other records, which include records of public making enquiries or responding to our surveys, business partners, officers, and other operational and administrative records that contain personal data.
3. Main Purposes of keeping Personal Data
We hold the following personal data for the main purposes of:
- Customer records, for communication, providing our training or other services requested by customers, newsletters, providing direct marketing activities, market research and analysis or any other purposes which the customer has consented to and notified.
- Personnel records, for recruitment and human resource management purposes, relating to such matters as employees’ appointment, employment benefits, termination, performance appraisal and discipline.
- Consultant and contractor records, for engaging, monitoring, managing and appraising relationship with consultants and contractors who provide services to us.
- Records collected on webservers, for sending newsletters to subscribers registered through the websites and providing direct marketing activities and reply to enquiries.
- Other records, for various purposes varying according to the nature of the records, including for administration and operation of the Practising Governance office and carrying out daily business.
4. Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We may disclose or transfer the personal data to our agents, contractors, or third-party service providers who provide services to us in connection with the processing of the personal data on our behalf for the purposes (or any directly related purpose) outlined above.
We may disclose the personal data when required by law or court order of any jurisdiction, or as requested by any government or law enforcement authorities or administrative organs.
We may disclose the personal data as is necessary to bring a legal action or defend any legal action in relation to you.
5. Data Retention and Data Security
The personal data you provide to us will be kept by us in the appropriate form only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes (or a directly related purpose) mentioned above, after which it will be destroyed.
In order to ensure the correct use and to maintain the accuracy of personal data collected from you, as well as preventing unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use of the personal data, we have implemented various measures to safeguard and secure the Data we collect.
6. Direct Marketing
We may only use your personal data for the purposes of the marketing activities if you have consented to such use. You may indicate your consent to our use of your personal data for the marketing activities by submitting the appropriate form to us.
You can withdraw your consent for use by us of your personal data for the marketing activities at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
7. IP Address and Cookies
8. How to Access or Correct Your Data
You are entitled to access or correct any personal data related to you held by us. Any personal data access request or data correction request may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we have the right to charge you for the costs directly related to and necessary for the processing of any data access request.
9. Contact Us